The Greatest Remain




Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love. ~ Ephesians 6:23-24

How many months I’ve been at sail
pulling the beauty from the depths
until the heaviness of it seems like an anchor
that has went vastly below the light
resting at the bottom with the unknown.
Is it a bad thing?
It has me sitting still
and yet still I’m pushing full force.
Where is Your wind?
“Be still and know...” I tell my heart.
Yet in the quiet 
the tendons of my neck tighten
and the weight on my chest deepens
and I ask the hardest question -
the one I hate to ask:
“Where are You?”
Grace... only grace.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I simply јust ѕay ωhаt а reliеf to find someone who actuаlly
knows what theу're talking about online. You certainly understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More and more people ought to check this out and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you aren't morе ρорular bеcausе you definitely have
the gift.

Also vіѕіt my blog :: tx seo company

Amanda Trought said...

Pattie, the poem is beautiful, such an inspiration to have you on Motley Soul.

Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
Art Blog